Join White House Etiquette for a fun and educational afternoon on Sunday, August 21st from 12pm to 3pm at the Tudor Rose English Tea Room in downtown Santa Rosa!
Guests are invited to enjoy tea and traditional English fare, White House Etiquette coach, Mary White, instructs you in the basics of tea etiquette. With over 35 of years of teaching experience, Mary is sure to illustrate the importance of how a few simple additions to your every day habits can make a world of a difference!
Guests will experience:
- The joy of having tea and learn all the elements to having afternoon tea;
- The history of tea and where etiquette originated from;
- The different kinds of tea, and the difference between afternoon tea and high tea;
- Basic dining skills from table manners to how to set the table, seating a lady, napkin etiquette, when to start eating and during the meal, different eating styles, appropriate table conversation. Mary will also discuss the difference between dining at home and at someone’s home or restaurant.
This event is for ages 10 and up, and reservations are required.
Cost is $49 per person and includes a four-course meal:
- Leek and potato soup
- Mixed green salad
- Choice of chicken or vegetarian & gluten-free pasty, with seasonal veggies
- Chef's dessert